There are several ways small businesses can gain visibility online. The most popular methods include engaging on social media, investing in local search engine optimization, and engaging in email marketing.
However, one often overlooked, but very effective, way of gaining an online presence quickly and efficiently is by releasing online press releases. This strategy may be similar to traditional press releases before the advent of the internet. However, the platform is online instead of going through traditional media channels, such as print, radio and television.
Consider the following numbers:
- 68% of business leaders say press releases over the wire aided their brand or product visibility. (Source: Cision)
- Press releases with multiple images have six times the engagement of press releases whose content contains purely texts. (Cision)
- 80% of business decision-makers would rather trust information from articles rather than through advertisements (Content Marketing Institute)
These statistics are proof that online press releases are an effective way for small businesses to gain traction for their digital marketing campaigns.
Why Are Press Releases Important for Small Local Businesses?
Press releases can be an effective way for small local businesses to generate interest and get their message out to a broader audience. Here are a few reasons why press releases are essential for small local businesses:
- Increase visibility: Press releases can help increase the visibility of your business and bring attention to your products or services. Though you can get coverage in newspapers, radio shows, and online publications by sending a press release to local media outlets, having your press releases published by more authoritative websites, such as a media site, is important if you are looking to boost your online presence.
- Establish credibility: Once a website with significant industry authority publishes your press release, it can help establish credibility and build trust with potential customers. It can also position your business as an expert in your industry.
- Boost SEO: Press releases can also help improve your search engine rankings by generating backlinks to your website from high-authority media sites.
- Attract new customers: Press releases can help attract new customers who may have yet to be aware of your business. You can reach a broader audience while generating interest in your products or services by getting coverage in local media outlets and high-authority media sites.
- Cost-effective marketing: Press releases can be a cost-effective way to promote your business. While some costs may be associated with writing and distributing the release, they can be much less expensive than traditional advertising or marketing campaigns.
How We Can Help a Small Local Business Generate a Press Release Online?
The content of the press release is also essential. To ensure that the press release garners interest among the target market, a digital marketing agency like WebPower can do the following steps for a local small business:
- Identify the purpose and message of the press release: Before drafting it, you must identify the purpose and message you want to convey. Is it a new product launch, a business expansion, or an event announcement?
- Research relevant media outlets that can help boost your website online: Look for media outlets relevant to your industry and target audience.
- Write the press release: The press release should include a headline, subheadline, body text, and contact information. The headline should be attention-grabbing and summarize the main message of the press release. The body text should provide more detail about the announcement and include quotes from key stakeholders.
- Optimize for search engines: Use relevant keywords in the headline and body text to help your press release rank higher in search engine results pages.
- Distribute the press release: There are several options for distributing your press release online, including using a press release distribution service, sending it directly to relevant media outlets, publishing it on your own website or social media channels. Our team at WebPower can handle all that for you.
Feel free to call us at (213) 317-7184. A digital marketing company experienced with distributing press releases online for their clients should be able to support this task for you. However, a local business should maximize as many opportunities as possible.
Follow up with journalists: After distributing the press release, follow up with journalists to see if they are interested in covering the story. Be prepared to provide additional information or arrange interviews with key stakeholders.
Takeaways: Don’t Overlook Conducting Press Releases
Standing out from the crowd and being noticed are essential for local small businesses. Conducting press releases is an effective way to make your business exceptional against your competition by emphasizing your brand’s unique value proposition. Moreover, by being featured on high-authority online media sites, your press release provides you with a golden opportunity to gain the trust of your customers by telling them that your business can serve their needs best.