Google Business Profile (or what was known as Google My Business) is a free tool any company, whether local or an enterprise, can use to manage its online presence on Google. It allows companies to list important information such as their name, address, phone number, website, hours of operation, and reviews.
Your Google Business Profile is critical for any company’s local SEO, especially those with physical locations because 64% of potential customers use a company’s Google Business Profile to look for contact information for local businesses (Gitnux).
At WebPower, we understand how essential maintaining a Google Business Profile is. This article will discuss the five top ways Google Business Profile boosts local SEO for small companies.
1. Google Business Profile Increases The Visibility in Local Search Results
One of the leading benefits of having an optimized Google Business Profile is that it helps potential customers to see businesses in local searches. If someone looks for a service or product locally, Google shows results based on the user’s location.
If a business has a GMB listing, it is more likely to appear in these search results. A GMB listing resulted in a 25% increase in conversion rates for local businesses between Google Map views and searches (Gitnux).
This indicates that Google My Business is an effective tool for local businesses to increase customer engagement and drive more sales.
2. Improves Local Search Ranking
In addition to increasing visibility, Google My Business can improve a business’s local search ranking. Local search ranking refers to where a business appears in local search results. The higher a business ranks, the more likely your business will be visible online to your potential customers. Google considers several factors when determining local search ranking:
A complete and accurate GMB listing can improve all three of these factors, which can help a business rank higher in local search results.
3. Provides Valuable Information to Potential Customers
Google My Business allows businesses to provide potential customers with valuable information:
- This valuable information includes the business’s address, phone number, website, and hours of operation.
- It also lets businesses showcase their products and services through photos and videos. This information can help potential customers decide whether to visit a company.
Businesses with photos on their GMB listing get 35% more clicks to a website, as well as 43% more requests for driving directions (Gitnux)
- Increases Trust and Credibility
Potential customers want to ensure that the information they are seeing on Google are accurate and up-to-date, and inform them that your business stands out:
- Accurate and up-to-date information is crucial when someone searches for a business on Google.
- A complete and accurate Google My Business (GMB) listing enhances trust and credibility.
- Including NAP, your business address, phone number, and website, in the GMB listing builds trust with potential customers.
- Positive reviews on a GMB listing boost a business’s credibility. According to a report by Gitnux, 71% of potential customers are more likely to transact with a company with positive reviews on their GMB profile.
5. Provides Insights into Customer Behavior
Finally, Google Business Profile provides businesses with insights into customer behavior. These insights include:
- How many people have viewed the business’s listing
- How many people clicked on the website
- How many people have requested driving directions.
This information can help companies to understand how potential customers interact with their listing and make informed decisions about improving it. In addition, GMB also allows businesses to engage customers through reviews, which can help improve customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Takeaways: Google Business Profile is Essential For Your Business
An optimized Google Business Profile can help businesses attract new customers and grow their business. Google Business Profile is essential for companies looking to boost their local SEO for several reasons:
- Increase online visibility
- Improves local search ranking
- Provides valuable information to potential customers
- Builds trust and credibility for your business
- Provides insights into customer behavior
Building and optimizing the GMB is essential in helping our clients during the initial stages of our Online Growth Acceleration Program (OGA) for small local businesses. To learn more about how your company can achieve better traffic, and greater visibility, build trust and credibility, and how we can help your business with its local SEO, call us at (213) 317-7184, or fill out the contact form on our home page.